As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on May 4, 2021 by Alex Falasca
Tired of having to cut your grass every 2 weeks? Is no one in your house willing to regularly do it for you? This is a dilemma every lawn owner inevitably faces every now and then.
And it’s even worse and more problematic when you’ve got a BIG lawn. Scissors are too old fashioned and time-consuming so let’s not even take it as an option. Everyone’s lifestyle is just too busy to even take it into consideration.
But worry no more as in this blog I’ll be taking you through this one tool which can lift all the weight on your shoulders and put it at your hands’ reach (like literally)! All you’ll have to do is “push” it forward! On a funny note, parents can relate to it as when they push their baby’s strollers. And for the non-parents…well, you guys can just start practicing it from now onwards.
The mower itself may be simple but each model has lots of variations regarding its blades, wheels, cutting width and more such. Without further delay, here are my top 3 picks that can be yours too!
1. American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 14-Inch 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
The American manual 14 inch 4-blade push reel lawn mower tops this list with its sturdily built construction and low maintenance requirement. From this one machine’s price tag, you’ll be getting at least a decade of value and worthiness.
This is definitely the best go green, environmentally-friendly choice one can go for. It has incredibly easy maneuverability and is super quick to assemble – no hassles at all.
Take a look at the specifications and features below:
Product Features and Specifications
- This American lawn mower 14 inch is impeccably easy to assemble within just a few minutes.
- A much better emission-free, and noise-free choice – the greener option for you so that you can do your work without disturbing nature in any way.
- Has the capacity to cut grass as tall as 4 inch with its 4-blade reel and 14 inch cutting width.
- Comes with 8.5 inch heavy duty polymer wheels to ease up your work with optimum maneuverability.
- Blades made out of heated alloy steel to maintain its edge precision and sharpness for many years to come.
- Blade height can be easily adjusted by the user from 0.5 to 1.75 inches with its exclusive scissor action cut feature that cuts just like scissors.
2. Sun Joe MJ501M 18-Inch Manual Reel Mower w/Grass Catcher
Up next, we have the Sun Joe MJ501M 18” manual reel mower with grass catcher. Ears up to the details because this one has lots to take note of. This compact design oriented user-powered mower comes with a 7 gallon grass catcher and 9 positions height adjustable lever.
- This reel mower with grass catcher has 5 sharpened steel blades to slash through an 18 inch path in just one go.
- Eco-friendly mower – operates without the need for any gas, electricity, or oil.
- Consists of a dual wheel design to enhance the ease of maneuverability.
- Manual height adjustable between 9 positions to enable cutting up to 2.44 inches deep.
- Minimal noise-level – no extreme vibration or disruptive sound. Soft and smooth flow of operation is guaranteed.
- Includes a 7 gallon grass catcher – saves you a ton of time from clearing up the grass later on.
- Lightweight design with a comfortable foam grip so that anyone can use it without hesitation.
3. Fiskars Stay Sharp Max Reel Mower, 18 Inch
The Fiskars Stay Sharp Max 18 inch reel mower can turn your boring mowing sessions into an exciting and enjoyable session for you AND your kids! This model of Fiskars has an advanced reel mower that makes pushing 60% easier than other models.
It’s designed to casually glide through all types of grass, thick or thin like St. Augustine, Bahia, Zoysia, Doob, Bermuda etc. You’ll also be getting a 3 years warranty along with all the advanced technologies and ergonomic features as below:
Product Features and Specifications
- The Fiskars Stay Sharp Max reel mower has an exclusive InertiaDrive reel that boasts the cutting power up to 50% to grind through grass effortlessly.
- It has a StaySharp cutting system that consists of precision-ground steel blades that are highly durable and sharpened up to perfection.
- Features a VersaCut technology to alter height settings from 1 to 4 inches with just one-touch.
- Has an adjustable grass chute to make things easier for you.
- It has advanced design features that are unbeatable by any similar models on the market – like inset wheels, 18” cutting width and more.
- Comes with a 3-year limited warranty period.
What Will You Gain From Push Lawn Mowers?
If you’re still on the wall trying to compare the good and bad of purchasing a lawn mower, I think you’re yet to fully understand the numerous benefits you can derive form that one machine. Stay clear because you’ll be awed at how easily this one machine can cut your hours and hours of mowing to just an hour or so (depending upon your lawn size).
Not just that, you may also get other non-monetary health benefits in the long run. Push lawn mowers are the next best choice to gas and electric mowing methods. It saves you time, money and the hazards of noise pollution etc.
Here are some benefits you’ll be getting from a push lawn mower.
- Easy to Operate
The push lawn mower method is undeniably the most easiest way to mow your lawn. Imagine pushing a shopping cart. As simple as that! No need to switch on and off this or that.
If you are not too fussy about having the grass at the exact same height, design focused and things like that, a push lawn mower might just become your next best friend for the grass work.
- No health hazards or body strain
Push lawn mowers nowadays are designed to minimize any strain from your part as much as possible. Never worry about having back pains or straining yourself because most push mowers are height adjustable too. You wouldn’t have to be cramped into positions that can make your body ache afterwards.
There are no strong vibrations or roaring noises as in the case of electric or gas mowers. These can cause complications to your joints and unpleasant aches in your muscles – all of which could be potentially harmful to your health.
A push lawn mower parts include the blades, frame, handle, wheels, and sometimes a grass catcher. That’s all. Thus, it makes the tool extremely lightweight and movable.
So light-weighted that even children can have a fun time pushing these around the lawn! Such a relief from heavy, motorized lawn mowers!
- Shhh….It’s almost soundless
You can use this machine round the clock, day and night. You’ll never have to worry about accidentally annoying your neighbour or passing on the mowing work to the next day as it’s already past 8.
There is no motor attached to it and it only works with the external pushing force you apply, thus making it noise-free. Take your loved one along for a nice chit chat in the lawn, while quietly getting your work done at the same time!
If you want to use this mower, the only thing you’d have to fuel is yourself! There’s no need for gasoline or messy long wires to run your mower. This will save you a lot of hassle, like constantly checking in with the electrical wires and going on gasoline runs. This saves you not just energy and time, but also your money.
The only maintenance you’ll have to do regularly for a push lawn mower is annual blade sharpening and that’s about it. No need to repair motors or fix electrical wires. Just maintain your average upper body strength and you’ll be good to go!
- Cost-effective choice
Not willing to invest in expensive mowers? No problem! Push lawn mowers have got you covered like anything. These are possibly the best in terms of cost and performance ratio. The right amount of work, at a righteous price tag.
- Eco-friendly Alternative
And now, keeping the last for the best, this is a much greener and eco-friendly method of mowing that you can opt for. Even the slightest effort to put in towards saving nature will pay back in the long run.
There is a much lesser probability of misfires, accidents and such unexpected issues. No component of a push lawn mower is harmful to the nature, so you can keep pushing forward without any guilt.
Cutting your lawn grass with a shrunken or frowned face is a thing of the past with these push lawn mowers. I guarantee you that you won’t regret a single penny you put into this investment.
Push lawn mowers are for sure the most uncomplicated and relaxed way you can mow your lawn. Not to mention that they are safe to be used by anyone in your family, even kids will have a great time pushing this through your lawn!
The top 3 on my list as mentioned above are from reputed brands with years of expertise and are accompanied with long warranties too! Each has its own perks and additional features that differentiate one from the other.
Nuff said. It’s time to make your pick. Choosing a lawn mower is complicated only if you make it so. All it does at the end of the day is cut grass. The only thing you’ll need to look for is the built quality so that it lasts for at least a few years.
Many varied types of push lawn mowers are available on the market to suit your requirements and fit your style of choice. Have a look here and there and you’ll be able to spot yours soon!